Monday, May 16, 2011

Auntie G's Wisdom: From the Mouth of Babes

So I already wrote a long, drawn out, poor me, wha-wha blog today and decided against posting it. It wasn't even funny-pathetic, just plain pathetic. Then I remembered a part of yesterday that I will never forget. I had my first shower yesterday and it was great, but this was before my shower. I got to Auntie G's early so we could drive together (my DD duties have been so sparce in the last 8 months!). I chugged some juice and we layed down to see if Charlotte would dance. Enter Sammy, Auntie G's third successful attempt at an awesome little boy. Sammy is a baby loving cuddle bug. He stopped his football game to remind me I had a baby in my belly when I arrived. He came in to see if he could feel her kick too. She didn't kick him, but he flew back as if she did. I told him he could talk to her and she would hear him. He said hi to her and asked me if she (Charlotte) liked him. I said yes, and he said he loved her. He looked at Auntie G and said he was in that belly. Until she barfed (complete with gagging motion) him out. Ahh so sweet:)

*this is actually Sammy, at age 3, getting ready to barf up cake while I laugh hysterically
6 years ago he was in that belly...and roughly right around the same week of the year as Charlotte will be joining us, Sammy started getting ready to get "barfed out." Auntie G and I sat in that same bed, her belly the big lump that time, contractions coming and going, waiting to meet SAMUEL/AVERY. Now Sammy is in the bed with us...tall, smart, and ful of personality - waiting to meet Charlotte.
Seriously sappy moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment