Thursday, May 19, 2011

HAVING or BECOMING a Baby?

So this up-front lady-lump, and strange wiggles in my gut are a pretty tried and true indication that I am HAVING a baby. However, there are also too many signs to ignore, that indicate I am actually BECOMING a baby instead.

First sign, the sleeping. At first, all I did was sleep - it was an insatiable need. I could easily fall asleep while eating or sitting on someone's lap. There was no limit - I slept. Now, a few more months later...I can't seem to get on a sleep schedule. I can take a 15 or 20 minute nap here and there, and at night, I am up with no sign of the sandman.

Second sign, the eating. First I was eating a lot all the time...then I didn't want to eat anything...then I ate, but everything came back up. Now I'm picky about something different every day, but always up for dessert.

Third sign, the tears. You'd think I sprung a leak. I cry when I'm tired, sometimes if I'm too hungry, if something hurts, if the day ends in "Y", and if your look says to me, "you're fat." I can switch from happy to weepy in an instant...in fact, sometimes it's NOT a switch, but a continuation.
And finally, the potty. I have to go all the time. I'm a pee machine. That either makes me a baby or my brother...cause he's a 34 year old pee machine...but I digress. I have to go at inconvenient times...when driving down the road, when shopping, when I've just walked OUT of the bathroom, in the middle of the night when I can't get out of bed. And sometimes, I'll admit...I have an accident. *GASP* Whatever...you chose to read this...even after that barf post.
So, I have decided this is a continuum of the theory that pregnancy gets you ready for having a baby. I am not only up all night, but I'm constantly hanging out with a pee factory who doesn't like what I packed for lunch by noon and cries without any indication of what is wrong, other than the sun has once again risen. Go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment