Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Proof is in the Pudding

...and by pudding I mean one of the sweetest things I've ever seen in my life.

This is my nephew, Aidan. It's been a few years since someone I loved had a baby. (You will soon be introduced to soon-to-be Auntie G who has Boys A, B, and C - 3 other doses of sweet, quirky, wonderful pudding!) We have been waiting for this kid since just a few weeks after a very drunk, fun Memorial Day BBQ at my brother's house. Trying to imagine who he would look like, make bets on who he would act like, and generally being suspended in disbelief about his imminent arrival.
Now he's here. He doesn't look distinctly like anyone...which seems to fit his personality so far. He's very much his own little man already. He doesn't cry or fuss for no reason...just to get some eats and to ask politely to stop being stuck with needles. He doesn't care much what you're doing, if he wants to sleep, he does - and he wants to a lot. Otherwise, he seems content just looking at what's going on around him. He seems to be thinking something - and we can't wait to find out what that is.
He will probably look and act significantly different next week, not to mention next year. But what is already clear is that this is what makes it all worth it. I know parenthood will trump this silly pregnancy stuff in challenge someday - but for now, pregnancy is my challenge. Aidan is a great reminder that someday - this challenge will reward me more than I can imagine. Thanks for the proof Aidan. Auntie Katie loves you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment