Friday, February 25, 2011

The BIG Ultrasound


Today is our appointment for what is considered "the BIG ultrasound." Considering the first comfirmed a lifeform in my gut, and the second reassured us that there was a 1 in 8 gazillion chance of this baby having life changing chromosomal issues...well, they all seem pretty big. But this one takes some final measurements, counts fingers and toes, and... reveal a GENDER!!!

Now, many people, including Auntie G, can go right up to delivery day without know. I thought it was torture when Auntie G did it. Now, just waiting half way for me could be compared to water boarding - actually, water boarding doesn't look all that bad compared to the waiting.

Gender aside - I really just want to see that little heartbeat. It is better than Christmas - just to see that I'm keeping this person safe and healthy inside of me...because honestly, "they" make it very hard to believe that I am capable of that. I wake up on my stomach or on my back and instantly warning of cutting off blood supplies jump to mind...how long have I been depriving a child of BLOOD?!!! Was that a sprout I ate?! Did I remember to take my vitamin? My arms aren't tired, so I must have not lifted that 12 pound prenatal into my face last night - crap, did I just stunt some very important growth?!! So yes, pre-ultrasound I am able to conjure up some purely un-bloggable thoughts.

Gender NOT aside - I find it very unnerving to have a person who has been with me all the time...showers, shopping, watching tv, driving to work...yet, not be aware WHAT they are. I mean, it's a baby. This I know. I will not know if it's destined to be a senator, or waiter, or criminal. I will not even know if it WANTS to be a boy or girl...just what the plumbing says. I have a feeling it's a girl...Katy Perry confirmed it. Before I felt that, I wanted a boy, really bad. Needless to say, I will be excited either way. I just want to know. And I will...in 8 days.

Stay tuned for the gender reveal....

No comments:

Post a Comment