Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gender: Betting on your Kid AND What's in a Name


We all know having a baby is a big gamble...and we signed up for it. So why not run with that idea...DH and I decided to place a friendly wager on the gender of this baby. A girl gets mommy a (much desired) spa day, A boy gets daddy a round at Pebble Beach. The gender issue is looming large this week...T minus 4 days...

And with the gender issue, the name issue always follows. Some people don't share...I can't even hold in a fart, much less information about my future child. We bounced around quite a few...and this has probably been the hardest decision of our relationship (even though I ultimately decided the person owning the vagina that ends up most wrecked by the end of this escapade gets final say).

So...and don't hold me to this...but here is where we're at with names. Boy is Zachariasz (Zach, Zachy, Z-DAWG), girl is Charlotte (Charlie, Chucky, C-$). I am in LOVE with the name Charlotte...that was the name of my cat when I was six. It's not too odd, or too old fashioned, or too common, or too trendy. It's just right. How I imagine my little girl with be:) Or my little boy really...but I'm still wearing pink on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment