Monday, March 14, 2011

Congrats! It's a....


BABY!!! And I've known this for a while...so you'd think that was the biggie. But no...something about the waiting, or the reality of it all...or the huge increase in the little-known pregnancy hormone - wackadoodlegen, but finding out the gender of my baby was HUGE. I had no idea...I had a couple of guesses based on some very limited and convoluted signs from the universe, but really - I didn't know. And I didn't know if I knew what I wanted. And after we found out...I wanted just that kid. However, despite my "American Idol" shriek reaction, I spent the rest of the weekend in silent shock at the pure reality of it all. Cause really- months of puking and pissing myself, 4 pictures of babies generated from inside me, a few bright pink lines, and growing at an alarming rate didn't QUITE do it for me...

So how we did this was this...we had our ultrasound done...at which time the tech could tell so fast, that we were sure it was a boy (a WELL endowed boy!). Tech wrote it on a pieces of paper (with picture proof)and we RAN to the mailbox to send it to Cerina the miracle worker...er, baker and owner of Uh Oh Cupcakes. She made the most adorable cup cake pops and we got to bite into them and get a tasty treat while finding out our entire future!!! Big Thanks to our family for being there, in person or in spirit, our friends for awaiting the big news with their guesses, and to Cerina for the "icing on the cake."

No comments:

Post a Comment