Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ow, Charlie! That Really HURTS!!

If you haven't seen the video that this title reference, please watch it here. It has nothing to do with this post, but cracks me up:) So sometimes I slip and call this nugget Charlie...this can be explained here. When I say it in an English accent, or when I associate nugget with pain - it reminds me of this video and I can again laugh a little.

Now on to the low down. Charlie or not, this pregnancy stuff can really hurt! I'm not talking kicking - I'm not there yet. I'm talking random, seemingly out of nowhere pains. I don't remember hearing about those BP. But now everyone seems unphased, like duh! That's gonna happen.

Yesterday, I was walking around downtown running errands, and got such a strong stabbing pain that I doubled over. It stayed while I was walking back to the office and it only took me a block and a cut through the park to be in hysterical tears. Once back in the office, I called the advice nurse just as the pain stopped completely. She explained it wasn't concerning enough for an appointment (but a sore throat always gets me a SAME-DAY appointment?!!!) and she continued to explain all the pains I would be experiencing in addition to this one. Round ligament pains, Braxton Hicks contractions, kicking, adjusting, growing, etc. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't tell you a whole lot about this in "Family Life" in Fifth Grade. I don't remember my friends who told me about nausea or swollen ankles mentioning a number of general OUCHES that just come and go. So this is my Public Service Announcement:

Pregnancy can randomly hurt. Sort of bad in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment