Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm Pulling the Card!


Yup, it's time and I'm unabashedly pulling the pregnancy card. (this implies that I haven't been doing that all along, which I have, and if you have something to say about THAT, may I suggest you wear armor or stand far, far away).
So a big F@*& you to the lady sitting on her ass in the lobby, playing on her phone as I tried to open the door with my hands full (so what if it was full of the giant lunch I ordered - there were veggies!) and proceeded to drop half my lunch and then need to put the other half down to gather the whole thing again, and then stand and attempt to open the door again. The doors are glass and you were two feet away...I know you noticed and it would have been nothing to you to open the door.
Another big, fat boot up the a$$ of the c-bag in the electrical vehicle who nearly hit me this morning because I was pulling over for the fire engine and she wasn't - because apparently the cloud of smug she was driving in made it hard to see or just puts her above the law altogether. And then she gave ME a dirty look. As Auntie G pointed out...it would have been great if her little tonka sized truck had bumped my car and I could have stepped out with "the card." Who runs into a pregnant lady while not stopping for a fire truck?! Your electrical vehicle just turned into a baby killing machine...are you happy? Oh well, no harm, a swift flip of a chubby, swollen bird, no foul.
And to the man who broke into a mini-sprint to get into the sandwich line, when I was the ONLY other one vying for the spot - you won. It's not that I can't run, it's that I just didn't. You look stupid. I look pregnant and I look this way because I did something that I bet happens VERY rarely, if at all, in your sad little life of firsties, no cuts, and no tag backs. Black out forever. I bet you and the guy who watched me walking toward the elevator and pushed "door close" play D&D together into the wee hours of the morning.
And to be honest, it's not really a pregnant thing. I mean, I love the little smiles or niceties I get because of my round belly - it's just a matter of being humane, to anyone. I am still holding doors and the elevator for people - it takes barely any effort and you never know if one act of kindness will really make someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment